AM I SHOCKED?
Of course not!
Whenever I sit down to catalog God’s blessings in the form of my boys’ great behavior, things get nasty! Today was right on track. Here’s why I’m writing this post: to testify to the fact that God’s Word WORKS! Absolutely! Every time!
Yesterday – wrote Blogging Blessings.
Yea. Nice, warm & fuzzy!
Today – WAR ZONE!
Ugly, exhausting, maddening!
ALL THREE of them had spiritual battles – big, ugly ones! Ones that had me in prayer mode and almost sent me to my prayer closet. This is life – the constant struggle. And, personally, one of my biggest drawbacks to home schooling. I see the struggle all too often!! What’s worse, I often get caught up in the struggle instead of modeling what should be done. Today I went into Battle Mode and here’s what we did.
- God convicted me that the struggle wasn’t with the boys, “but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” Ephesians 6:12
- God convicted me that I needed to let the boys know that fact – the battle was spiritual
- We had a PowWow in the living room where we…
- read James 5:16 “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.”
- Confessed our sins out loud (me too!), and prayed for each other.
- Talked about spiritual warfare and that His Word is a mighty weapon to pull down fortresses!!
- Recited Psalm 1 and Psalm 8:2, “From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.”
- Praised God “popcorn style” for Who He is and what He’s done. We used a nerf-type football to toss underhanded to each other. Worked well for a while, then….well…. boys will be boys…. I’m sure you can picture it!
Our pastor recently said that when we praise, the enemy has to SHUT UP! It happened today! By the end of our praise time the boys were laughing. They could see the change in their attitudes. God is faithful!
It’s only lunch time, so I’m sure we’ll have a few more battles today,
but I just had to testify to the fact that when we obey, God blesses!!
His Word WORKS!