5 minute Fridays is another challenge for me.
But God had me ready for this one today!
OK, are you ready? Please give me your best five minutes on:
stumbling around in the dark at 2am
what can I see?
and definitely not clearly!
Settling one boy down and going back to bed, I barely fall asleep before
he’s at my bedside again.
This time I’m seeing red – or at least getting there.
No, I won’t sleep on the couch. I’m getting up to run early in the morning.
Yes, you have to get sleep. You’ll be a gripey bear in the morning.
At this rate so will I!
Finally, into brothers’ room he goes.
As I drag myself back to my bed, I’m not as tired as I was – of course.
I realized I need to see this circumstance from God’s perspective.
So what does God want me to see in this circumstance?
• A chance to realize He is in control.
I can’t control the sleep of my boys. God does that.
He allowed this, so there’s good in it somewhere, I just have to see it.
• A chance to pray for my boy & myself
– that God would give him power, love, and sound mind instead of fear
– that God would show Himself strong in the morning and throughout the day as I depend on Him for my strength, not my sleep
– that God would show Himself strong to David as he also depends on God
…And then the topic of 5 minute Friday was SEE
and God said, “SEE, I don’t waste experiences.”
My goal is to see with HIS EYES!
PS – it was raining this morning, so I didn’t have to get up early and run! 🙂