Twice in 2 years
I’ve had a crazy chance to go away for a weekend.
And each time has been an amazing blessing!
Last year, at the end of September, I had an amazing weekend with my dear friend Michelle. I flew in, she picked me up, we went to her house to grab a few things and hit the road to attend a women’s event at a church some friends, Mia & Bethany, are involved with. The speaker, Lisa, was a friend from my church. It was like Old Home Week! Lots of friends meeting up together. But the best part of all was God met with me that weekend – through His Word, and through wonderful friends. I was a weeping mess! (and that’s pretty unusual for me).
Last weekend I had another amazing opportunity to take a road trip with Patty & her son to visit my parents. David got to go, too. The other boys were sooo disappointed, but they had sports and school, so enjoyed a bachelor weekend with Dad! I was super blessed this weekend! Here are some of the wonders:
- weather that got nice and cool at night, but was beautiful during the day. I had to put my jacket on for the last of the Liberty football game.
- Being able to watch Liberty win their homecoming game!!
- visiting an apple orchard and being able to pick some apples. We learned a lot about apples and had the chance to taste a wide variety!
- such rich conversation – on the road (14 hours – that’s a lot of talkin’!), and at Mom & Dad’s
- David got to visit with his friend who just moved to the area in the summer
My biggest take away from this past weekend was the reinforcement
that I’ve got the best parents in the world!
If you’re one of the blessed ones who’ve met them, you know what I mean! 🙂
I love how I can share them with so many people!
Friday afternoon I sat in the living room with Wendy, who lives in the area, Patty, and Mom.
I just marveled at how Mom & Dad can make people feel right at home.
Wendy’s family had dinner with Mom & Dad a few weeks ago.
Patty and her husband stayed with Mom & Dad during graduation in May.
College friends still call them “Mom & Dad Babbitt” and love seeing them.
I am who I am because of them, and I couldn’t be more proud of my heritage.
What an awesome weekend!