It’s 5 Minute Friday. And I’m taking 5 Minutes to write – something I haven’t done all week.
The topic is BARE
as in…don’t have it all together
as in…the homeschool coop coming over when
- the week has been utterly chaotic
- there’s no water in the house because it’s day 3 of repairs
- my room looks like a tornado hit it!
- the water department is here as everyone arrives
- it was too late to cancel or re-schedule the coop
- I’m so incoherent I can’t even tell Jenny how to help
- I have to leave 45 minutes into the coop to get Nathan from school early so I can take him to church in 20 minutes because he’s playing drums for middle school
- I’m so incoherent I can barely string a sentence together
in short – UNCOMFORTABLE!!
NOT my favorite position to be in!!
(as always – only GOD!)
there’s no need for covering
no chance for others to pitch in & cover…
no chance for the homeschool coop moms to…
- wipe my table
- wash my dishes
- clean my kitchen
- accept the chaos with unmatched grace
- love unconditionally
- be the hands and feet of Jesus
No need to practice the discipline of depending on God.
When I’m BARE,
HE’S THE ONE THERE!
Because less of me is more of Him.
Thank you Jesus!!
PS – Then I visited Ann Voskamp’s blog and saw this – perfect!