What a weekend!
Pastor Todd brought it to us all this weekend!
All about TRUTH –
knowing it and LIVING it!
And I’m a Truth lover!
I love knowing God’s Word & sharing the joy of studying it and living it!!
You can watch the message
Here are some highlights.
- Truth can be known; it’s not elusive
- We value tolerance rather than truth
- Feelings are valid, but they’re not FACT
- Truth isn’t what we vote on, nor is it what the Supreme Court says
- Shadrach, Meshach, & Abednego were in a godless land, but that didn’t mean they had to be godless!
- They were not going to be marked by culture, and neither should we!
- Live what you know! Sometimes we don’t need more truth, we need more obedience!!
Wow! BUT…not necessarily my favorite part! Really 🙂
After service Tim & I helped as facilitators in the Student Ministries Life Study. On – guess what? –
HOW TO STUDY THE BIBLE!!
It’s my favorite!
The reason I blog and write Bible Study journals!
And I’m still on a high from that class! We went over the devotional method. And what I loved is this. We practiced at our table. Each girl read Luke 12:22-26 on her own and came up with some insights and applications. Here’s what 3 girls shared:
- Insight: Life isn’t about having the newest stuff. “For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes.” (v. 23) Application: I need to limit my time on Instagram because all that does is make me want more stuff and think about what everyone else has. BINGO!! I wanted to jump up and down!! 🙂 What a joy to see God speak to her & she respond!! Still makes my stomach flip as I type! 🙂
- Insight: I don’t need to worry about what others say about me and how I look. Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. (v. 22) Application: Put some kind of notification on my phone to remind me that God is what’s important. Put notes up on my mirror or in my locker. BINGO again!! Same passage, different gal, different take, because God speaks to us individually!! LOVE IT!!!
- Insight: I don’t need to worry about being provided for. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! (v. 24) Application: same idea as above – notifications and reminders. YES!!
What a treasure! They did that on their own. We did discuss some specific application points for how to not worry, and they came up with the notification idea. I’m excited to see what they come up with this week! What a joy!
Pastor Todd ended with a challenge that I’m passing on to you.
• DARE to LIVE the TRUTH
• Find 3 lies that culture feeds us, AND find Scripture to refute those lies!!
(you can leave your “finds” in the comments if you want!)
Ready, Set, GO!