Over 300 journals (& counting) downloaded!!
After I wrote “Reflecting” this morning, God’s giving me a chance to do it.
And I’m struggling!
I’m struggling to have an eternal perspective.
I’m struggling to have patience.
I’m struggling to trust.
I’m struggling to listen to the wisdom of people who have gone before me in an area where I have NO expertise. As in none. zero. zilch. nada.
We partnered with CurrClick a while back. One of the marketing tools Leah encouraged us to use is the promotional week, where a publisher (us) offers a freebie for a week. I get the premise, and she’s by far the expert! So we scheduled it. And it’s going like crazy today.
I see the number 300+ and think – that could be money in our pocket!!
And we NEED money in our pocket right now!
Oooohhhh. (see the struggle?!) Isn’t having money important?
we just read in school about the Great Depression and how some business men – wealthy business men – committed suicide because they lost their wealth. And we talked about how that meant their lives were built around money, not God. Don’t I want to model for the boys a life built on God, His truth, and His priorities? Don’t I want to model a life with an eternal, not a temporal, perspective?
BUT…most importantly….God says :
- His Words are not just idle words for you—they are your life. Deuteronomy 32:47
- It is written, Man doesn’t live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4, Deuteronomy 8:3
- Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. Matthew 24:35
- His words are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body. Proverbs 4:22
- Everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. Matthew 7:24-25
And, really, isn’t that what my goal is for the journals? The whole reason they came into being?
To help kids begin to love digging into God’s Word on their own,
knowing they can because the Holy Spirit is their teacher.
To help kids build a solid foundation on His Word, so they can be counter-culturally relevant.
So I practice changing my focus.
If 300+ people learn to study God’s Word together,
don’t I believe that could change the world?!
Isn’t that better than all the money in the world?!
oohh, but the here & now is so here & now – so real!
It’s a struggle, let me tell you!
But God wants me to trust Him to provide, not the journals.
He wants me to have an eternal perspective.
He wants me to reflect Him!